They are small farms where children can come and enjoy with sheep, goats, pigs, hens, cows and other farm animals around them. Most farms also have a small playground and the farm organizes activities for kids from time to time.
Why visit the farms?
For us, it may just be another day out but it’s a great learning experience for kids. They learn about the natural habitat of the animals, become compassionate towards them, learn how to take care of them by gently petting and feeding them. All these are small acts that impact the lives of our children. On a few afternoons in a week, kids can also comb the guinea pigs on their laps. Older kids can also come by to help the caretaker. All the city farms are open from Tuesday to Sunday from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs. They are closed on Monday, Koningsdag, 25th & 26th December and 1st January.
Check the links below to know the opening times and other fun activities. You may also like their Facebook pages to keep yourself updated of upcoming activities.
- Stadsboerderij de Woelige Stal (Centrum)
- Stadsboerderij Op den Dijk (Escamp)
- Stadsboerderij de Kakelhof (Loosduinen)
- Stadsboerderij de Reigershof (Haagse Hout)
- Stadsboerderij ’t Waaygat (Scheveningen)
- Stadsboerderij de Molenweide (Laak)
- Stadsboerderij de Gagelhoeve (Segbroek)
- Stadsboerderij Schildershoeve
- Stadsboerderij de Herweijerhoeve
- Stadsboerderij Landzigt